Palliser Regional Park is nestled on the shores of Lake Diefenbaker in the South Saskatchewan River Valley near Riverhurst, Saskatchewan, Canada. It is a beautiful natural park with great beaches, fishing, boating, golfing and some of the best sunsets in the province.
Located in the river valley, the main park area offers plenty of attractions:
- The challenging nine hole links-style Sage View Golf Course with grass greens, a pro shop and a licensed club house and tournament room. Offering spectacular views of the lake and surrounding area, the fairways present elevation changes that will surely surprise those who recall the old joke that Saskatchewan is flat enough that you can spend three days watching your dog run away! The signature 7th hole has an 80 foot elevation change from tee to green, presenting a magnificent 360 degree view of the area. This course is well worth the trip to see and to play.
- A short walk to several unsupervised public beach areas, one with a designated no-watercraft swimming area along the lake shore
- a heated, lifeguard supervised swimming pool with a seasonal aquatic program including lessons by Red Cross certified instructors
- various accommodations including seasonal and reserve camping as well as the first class Mainstay Inn, which offers rooms and kitchenette cabins for rent. Not only that, the Mainstay Inn's restaurant offers sumptuous dining including a Sunday brunch and excellent pizza!
- a park concession, open 7 days a week from 9 am to 9 pm Monday - Saturday and 11 am to 9 pm Sundays
- A camp kitchen hosting Farmer's Markets, Pancake Breakfasts and other park happenings as well as being available to rent for your events
- A newly-renovated modern shower facility complete with a coin-op laundromat to enhance your stay.
At the top of the valley, a short drive inside the park gate, is Rusty's Coulee Marina. It boasts:
- a marina store with tackle, bait, grocery items, firewood, ice and marine gas
- a first class boat launch
- boat trailer parking
- daily and/or seasonal boat slips are available
- seasonal and reserve camping is available here for those who wish to be closer to the launch
- A modern shower facility near the store
- a fish cleaning shack near the launch
- a community centre available for rent
All these amenities combine to make this the region's fisherman-friendly destination.